Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Old Man Wandering About

So last night, while hobbling down the street in my running gear and knee brace, a neighbor who see's me hobble by a few times a week shouts out, "boy, women will do anything to get out of doing the dishes".  I shouted back at the old man, I'm sure they'll be there when I return.  Apparently this old man hasn't read my blog, or my posts on Facebook, because if he had, he would know that I do the dishes, laundry, housework, yard work, trim hedges, change light bulbs, take out the trash, call the repair man, volunteer my time, work full time as a legal assistant during the day and sell jeans at night, all the while raising 2 boys and a dog, and maintaining my health, and I do believe that qualifies me for a run lasting 30 minutes each day.

I realize he may have just been commenting because who else in their right mind would be running in the heat and humidity AND a knee brace, but it just rubbed me wrong.  Had it been a friend or someone that I see daily, then it's a different story, too bad he didn't see me out for my run at 5:00 a.m. today, I'm sure the comment would have been something about getting out of making breakfast.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment